Home‎ > ‎Travel‎ > ‎Travel to Russia‎ > ‎

Applying for a Russian Visa

Russian visa information for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.

Check that you have a valid passport

Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. Apply for a new passport or renew your old one at ICA.

Getting a visa


All Singpore citizens require a visa to travel to Russia. Check with the Russian Embassy in Singapore for latest visa requirements for Singaporeans, and requirements for citizens of other countries. Allow ample time for processing. If you are unsure of anything, always contact them first.

Find out which visa type you need

We recommend that you apply for Tourist or Business Visas where possible.

  • Tourist Visa: 
Valid for 1-30 days. 
Single or Double Entry.
  • Business Visa:
Valid for 1-12 months.
Single (1- 90 days), Double (1 - 90 days), or Multiple Entry (up to 12 months).
Multiple Entry Business Visa holders can only spend a total of 90 days in Russia within a period of 180 days.
  • Work Visa
Valid for 90 days, renewed on the basis of work permit validity by the Federal Migration Service in Russia.
Only for holders of work permits in Russia.
  • Student Visa: For students studying in Russia.
  • Private Visa: For those with friends or relatives in Russia
Valid from 1-90 days.
Single Entry only.
  • Transit Visa: For travellers transiting via Russia.
Valid for up to 3 days
No invitation needed, only copies of travel documents and tickets.

Get a visa invitation and apply for the visa

You can arrange for visa support and processing through our partner, CheapTrip for stress-free visa application. CheapTrip provides visa support for Tourist and Business visas.

Or, read the visa requirements on the Russian Embassy website if you want to apply on your own.

Registering your visa in Russia

You will need to register your visa within 7 working days of arriving in Russia.

For Tourist Visas, the hotel will provide the registration, usually free or charge or for a small fee. 

For Business Visas, please contact your visa sponsor for registration information.

If you are staying in an private apartment and do not have support from a visa sponsor, you need the landlord to register you at the local post office or FMS office.